During 2019/2020 , WBM contributed to the ICE award winning Fleet Helicopter Support Unit (FHSU) at Her Majesty’s Naval Base, Devonport.
Works that needed to be completed on this project are as follows:
- Demolition of existing disused buildings to make way for the new Helicopter landing site
- Providing a safe and secure location for the storage of aviation fuel
- repurposing of an existing disused storage facility into a new Forward Operating Base (FOB)
- Construction of a new storage facility
- Various new security features
Whilst contributing on this defence project, WBM helped achieve an excellent rating under the Defence Related Environmental Assessment Methodology (the defence equivalent of BREEAM). There were no recorded accidents or injuries throughout 22 months of works.
Bull Point, Plymouth